Relax. It's much easier to insert a tampon when you're relaxed. It usually takes a few tries before being able to comfortably insert a tampon, so don't worry. Refer to the instructions and diagrams so you know what to do.
A tampon is actually made up of 2 parts - the tampon itself that you insert into your body, and the plastic applicator you use to insert it. The Sport® applicator has a smooth tapered barrel that contains the tampon within it, attached is a smaller tube below called a plunger.
1. Wash your hands and then unwrap the tampon. The slim applicator tip should be rounded and strings should hang out the bottom of the applicator. If you notice any flaws, do not use. While holding the No-Slip Grip® applicator, gently pull on strings to make sure they are firmly attached.
2. Get comfortable. Try sitting on the toilet with knees apart or standing with one foot on the toilet seat.
3. Insert the applicator: hold the No-Slip Grip® applicator plunger using your thumb and middle finger. Place the applicator tip into your vagina at a 45˚ angle. Now, gently slide the smooth, tapered applicator all the way into your vagina until your fingers touch your body.
4. Push the tampon inside: push the plunger all the way into the barrel with your pointer finger. This will release the tampon. The plunger should now be inside the barrel. Still holding the No-Slip Grip® plunger, gently pull out the two-piece applicator. The tampon should now be comfortably inside you in its precise place with the strings outside your body.
After you have inserted the tampon, place the used applicator back into the discreet wrapper and throw away. DO NOT FLUSH THE PLASTIC APPLICATOR.
5. Any discomfort? The tampon may not be far enough inside. If this happens, just remove the tampon and try again with a new one. You won't feel anything when the tampon is correctly in place.
6. Removal: relax your muscles. Try getting into the position you used during insertion. Gently pull down on the strings. The tampon should slide out easily. Flush the used tampon or place in an appropriate waste container.
- Do not use tampons between periods or for non-menstrual discharge.
- Change your tampons every 4 to 8 hours.
- Tampons can be worn overnight for up to 8 hours.
- Always remove the last tampon at the end of your period.
Be sure to read important information
Will a tampon interfere with my active life?
No. With Playtex® Sport® tampons, you can lead your active life any day of the month! Playtex® Sport® tampons were designed to keep up with you even as your activity level increases. And tampons can take you places that pads can't…like swimming.
Will using a tampon cause me to lose my virginity?
No. You don't have to worry about losing your virginity when using a tampon. You will remain a virgin until you have sexual intercourse.
How do I choose the right absorbency?
If your flow is light to medium, try regular absorbency. If medium to heavy, try using a super absorbency. Your flow can change during a cycle, so you may find you need to switch absorbencies when it's time to change your tampon. Always use the lowest absorbency you need to control your flow.